Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little yumminess for my day

This morning I decided I needed some homemade treats so I made some yummy oatmeal snacks. I got the recipe off the back of the oatmeal box and added the chocolate chips to sweeten it up for my liking. Here is the recipe I followed:


-¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
-½ cup granulated sugar
-8oz container vanilla or plain low fat yogurt
-2 egg whites, lightly beaten
-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
-2 Tbsp. fat free milk
-2 tsp. vanilla
-1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
-1 tsp. salt
-3 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned uncooked)
-1 cup diced dried mixed fruit, raisins, or dried cranberries
-1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk, and vanilla; mix well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Add to yogurt mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, fruit, and chocolate.
2. Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
3. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment